Sunday, February 10, 2008

Noir

My Award-Winning Sentence:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20051031/ai_n15819171

The moment I laid eyes on her I knew I'd like the dame -- all long legs and elegance, which was odd anatomically speaking, but when Private Eye Bud Mahoney (i.e., me) lays eyes on a gorgeous creature such as this, he shoots first and asks questions later, a procedure which has, in the past, put a quick end to many a blooming romance and resulted in several awkward one-sided conversations with dead women; but she was different.

4 comments:

Amy said...

that's hilarious. reminds me of Guy Nuar (sp?) from Prairie Home Companion.

Amy said...

umm, yeah, just realized you spelled noir in the title of your post... wow. please disregard my empty headedness-

Davey Morrison said...

Prairie Home Companion is the best! Guy Noir is the best! Kevin Kline is the best! Way to be, kin!

Spenturion said...

Ok... this is incredibly creepy, I know. I just discovered your blog though, so I was going through your older stuff and found this post. So I read this and realized that I had read this in the paper when it first printed. Wacky.